Samsung Electronics America Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Corporation, today announced an expanded Series 9 laptop line that is scheduled to arrive on store shelves in time for the back-to-school shopping season. The expanded line of sophisticated, ultra-thin and lightweight models includes five different configurations designed to meet the needs and budgets of a variety of users.
Weve seen a very positive reception to the original Series 9 models introduced at CES earlier this year, said Scott Ledterman, director of mobile PC marketing at Samsung Enterprise Business Division. As we look to expand the line for the remainder of the year, weve maintained the premium duralumin design and form factor while offering consumers a wider range of options and powerful performance.
Upgraded Performance to Match Unparalleled Styling
Samsung has packed the three new 13.3-inch models with powerful performance enhancements, creating a more dynamic experience for the consumer. The new 13.3-inch models maintain the 2.89 lb, 0. .62-inch thin form factor and feature Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, while bulking up storage capacity and increasing speeds. Samsung brings two 11-inch versions to market as well for consumers looking for an even more compact mobile computing option.
The new Series 9 laptops retain the sleek, breakthrough duralumin design, which is twice as strong as aluminum. This design choice, coupled with rugged solid state drives (SSD) for storage, makes the Series 9 an attractive option for frequent travelers looking for an ultra lightweight solution that can withstand the bumps that come from time on the road.
For added functionality and ease of use, the entire Series 9 line features a bright backlit keyboard for added productivity in dark environments. Offering twice the brightness of traditional laptop screens, the Series 9 laptops HD LED SuperBright displays make them easy to see both indoors and out and the 7 hours of battery life will keep users working all day, anywhere.
Expanded Versatility with Multiple Models
All five new models answer the computing needs of a variety of users. Powerhouse multi-taskers will appreciate new 13.3-inch model, sporting an Intel Core i7 Processor, 6 GB of system memory and a 256 GB SSD, allowing them to be ready to work at a moments notice. Jet-setters can turn to the new 11.6-inch model, which not only fits easily into a carry-on bag or overhead compartment, but also offers a powerful experience with its Intel Core i3 Processor, 3 GB of system memory and a 64 GB SSD.
Centered on product enjoyment and seamless operation, all models are equipped with Samsungs FastStart technology, which readies the Series 9 for use in as little as 3 seconds. The Series 9 models also feature chargeable USB 3.0 connections which can conveniently charge a cell phone or MP3 player, even while the laptop is off.
The new line of Samsung Series 9 will be launching over the next four weeks at major electronics retailers and online. Pricing for the new models will range from $1,049 to $2,049. All Samsung mobile PC products are available through Samsung resellers and distribution channels, which can be located by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG or by visiting www.samsung.com.
Key 11 Specs (2 models):
- NP900X1B-A01US: $1,249 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i3 Processor 2357M, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD) – Available: August
- NP900X1B-A02US: $1,049 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i3 Processor 2357M, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 64GB SSD) – Available: August
Key 13.3 Specs (3 models):
- NP900X3A-A05US: $2,049 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i7 Processor 2617M; 6GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD) – Available: Now
- NP900X3A-B02US: $1,649 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i5 Processor 2467M; 4GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD) – Available: Now
- NP900X3A-B01US: $1,349 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i5 Processor 2467M; 4GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD) – Available: Now
- Sony’s VAIO L Series all-in-one PC to hit European shops next week
- Lenovo ThinkPad X131e Chromebook for schools takes Google OS into the classroom
- Just Published: Our Nikon Coolpix P7700 Camera Review
- Samsung Announces SSD 470 Bundle that Includes Norton Ghost 15 Migration Software
- Now Live: Our Samsung NX20 EVIL Camera Review